Beginning an ecommerce business is diligent work with numerous means and choices that need to meet up at the perfect time. These posts have been submitted into a sensible request of how you would examine, construct, dispatch and grow a productive ecommerce business.
Let’s do it!
Step 1: Choosing a Product
Finding A Product To Sell
The initial step to building an ecommerce business is to realize what items you need to offer. This is regularly the most difficult piece of beginning another online business. In this segment, we will highlight the procedures you can use to discover item open doors, investigate the 8 best places to search for item thoughts.
Evaluating Your Idea
Once you have a product idea in mind, how do you know if it’s a good idea or not? In this section, we will go through an evaluations method, evaluating the product itself, as well as the market for your product choice.
Go Get Your Product
Before starting building your web store, make sure there are enough categories and products available in the niche. For dropshiping example, go to AliExpress.com and enter necessary keywords in search bar. In my case with ‘Harry Potter’ everything looks fine.
Go Check Your Prices
Generally, AliExpress offers very competitive (often unbeatable) prices for many products. However, I would always recommend making a small research about the products’ prices you are going to sell on your site. Ideally, AliExpress prices should be twice lower the prices of your competitors.
You should pick at least 5-10 products in the selected niche and find best prices for these items on AliExpress. Then go to search.aol.com, enter shopping section and search for the same products in order to compare their prices with prices at AliExpress.
Let’s take an example.
I found such Harry Potter Scarf on AliExpress for $9,05/piece.
Then I went to search.aol.com and found the same item sold by other sellers
As you can see the prices are much higher. In my opinion, it’s a good item that is worth adding to my store.
Step 2: Setting Up Your Business
Naming Your Business
Aside from finding an actual product to sell online, another difficult decision is determining your business name and choosing an appropriate and available domain name. These blog posts will help you tackle these important tasks.
5 Rules for a Memorable Domain Name
1. The essentials: Be short, catchy and memorable! You should also make your name easy to pronounce and spell.
2. The unspoken rules: When buying a domain name, avoid something too similar to competing domain names and make sure not to violate someone else’s trademark.
3. ”.COM” – The ”.com” is the most popular top-level domain and it can be hard to find one that is available. In most cases, you should favor a ”.com” however if you are planning to sell in a specific country only you should consider a country specific domain such as “co.uk” for the United Kingdom.
4. Brandable: Having a strong brand is important. Even if you’re only selling one product right now, you might add other products in the future. Choose a domain name that you can grow into, even as your website or business changes .
5. Be creative: Most single-word domains are taken and you might need to create your own word. Try compounding two whole words (YouTube), using a phrase (Six Apart), blending parts of two words together (Microsoft), tweaking a word (Flickr), affixing a word with a prefix or a suffix (Shopify), or making up a completely unique name (Odeo).
Tools to Help you Brainstorm Names
- Business Name Generator – Free tool from Shopify to generate business name ideas.
- GoSpaces – Free tool that helps you generate a business name. Quick and easy!
- NameStation – Generates a list of available domains based on a submitted word.
- Domaintyper – Checks domain name availability instantly.
- Domain Pigeon – See what others are looking to register as a source of inspiration.
- Domainr – Type a work and it will find “domain hacks”.
Most likely you will not get your first pick; don’t let that discourage you. You will find a great domain name to represent your store.
How to Buy a Domain Name
After you chosen a domain name, there are a few simple steps you can take to buy and register it.
Step 1: Choose a Domain Registrar
There are plenty of registrars that will register your domain name for your. Ask friends or colleagues for recommendations and always choose a company that has been in business for a while. One of the best domain name registrars that I would recommend is Namecheap.
Step 2: Hosting
Once you’ve registered a domain name, you have reserve your URL but you still have a website. That will need to be built and hosted separately.